[Sosfbay-discuss] Draft minutes of 1/3/05 GPSCC Meeting - #1

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Fri Jan 6 07:40:12 PST 2006

>Here is the first draft mintues of the GPSCC meeting on
>Tuesday, January 3rd.  Please review and make comments,
>especially in case of error.  And look for omissions, I
>have not taken notes in a while, these may be too sketchy.

<snip>

>11) Election 2006
>     - Green Party candidates that Santa Clara County voters can
>       vote for include:
>         - U.S. Senate - Todd Chretian, Tian Harter, and one other
>         - Governor - Peter Camejo
>         - Secretary of State - Forrest Hill
>         - Controller - Laura Wells
>         - and maybe U.S. Congress (Anna Eshoo's seat) Carol Brouillet
>     - Some discussion about Pombo and the impact of Wes Rolley's blog.

Two comments:  the "one other" for senator is Kent Mesplay.

There is a list of all currently known candidates for office in
California in 2006.  It is at
http://216.92.191.78/elections/races.php?stateId=6&year=2006

Other state wide offices that you have missed are:
Insurance Commissioner: Larry Cafiero
Lt. Governor: Donna Warren
Treasurer: Mehul Thakker

I am keeping the State Wide offices and candidate actions reviewed at my
new blog, http://cagreening.blogspot.com/

Note, we have 2 contested primaries that are known so far this year.
One is for the senate seat.  The other is for State Assembly District 44
(Los Angeles).  That is maybe a good sign as contested primaries will
generate discussion about  the direction of the party.

wes

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
http://www.refpub.com/
Tel: 408.778.3024