[Sosfbay-discuss] Jan 15th - Speaking Out For Truth, Peace, and Justice

TNHarter at aol.com TNHarter at aol.com
Sun Jan 8 23:14:25 PST 2006

                     Speaking Out-       For Truth, Peace, and Justice

Sunday, Martin Luther King Jr.’s
birthday,                                                          January 15, 2006         11 am to 1 pm

Lytton Plaza, (University x Emerson, Downtown Palo Alto,
just a few blocks from the University Ave. Train Station)

Americans and people throughout the world honor the life, words, actions and
legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.      The day is also the anniversary of a
March upon Congresswoman Anna Eshoo’s office in 2002 Demanding a Congressional
Investigation of 9/11.      In 2003, a subsequent March took place- Demanding an
End to the 9/11 Cover-Up,    Repeal of the Patriot Act,    and the
Pre-Emptive Impeachment of Bush.  Lytton Plaza is also the site of the weekly
Listening For A Change Project, held since October 2001, ( inspired by a
Colombian woman’s efforts to defuse violence using the most gentle, non-violent
means possible- “listening.”)

Time to speak truths censored by the mainstream press,  truths which birth
the movements for social change, for peace and justice.  A range of activists
will speak, including-  newly elected City Councilman Peter Drekmeier, Swami
Beyondananda, T.U.C.’s Maria Gilardin, Taking Aim’s Ralph Schoenman, Ken
Jenkins, John Bass, Ed Rippy, David Kubiak,  Christian Pecaut, Green Candidates Laura
Wells, Tian Harter,  and  Carol Brouillet  who will publicly launch her
Congressional Campaign with a short statement-

     “Like Martin Luther King, Jr., I have a dream, too.  A dream of a world,
without war, a dream of a world where resources are not squandered on weapons
to protect the rich from the poor , a dream of a world where there is no need
for armies, nor weapons of mass destruction, nor terrorism, and wealth is
measured by the health and well being of our relationships, our children, our
community, our planet.

      “Truth is the first casualty of war.  The official 9-11 story is a
lie.  Lies are used to sell unjustifiable wars.  The PATRIOT Act was anything, but
patriotic, and an attack upon the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, dissent.
Congress was terrorized and pressured into passing it quickly.

       “When we demanded an investigation of 9-11, Bush and Cheney limited
the investigation and had it overseen by the CIA and the men, who should have
been investigated for their role in the attacks, Goss and Graham.  The systemic
destruction of evidence and cover-up culminated in the deeply flawed official
Report directed by Philip Zelikow, part of the Bush National Security
transition team, who co-authored a book with Rice.  The Commission ignored, omitted
and distorted evidence that didn’t fit within the parameters outlined by the
official narrative.

      “Congresswoman Eshoo, has supported the official story and championed
the Intelligence Transformation Act, based upon the Commission’s
recommendations.

      “It is time to challenge and abolish the National Security State,
Homeland Security, F.EM.A. which seem designed to protect the few from the many.
False Security depends upon having the most sophisticated weapons, surveillance
devices, and control over communications systems. .  The obscene military
transformation of the country threatens the health, well being, and civil
liberties of its citizen and the world. Real Security means water, food, shelter,
health, and healthy relationships between people, people and planet.

     “The “War on Terrorism” is a bogus war, a war of terrorism against all
people, a war on truth, a war on freedom, launched by a terrorist attack which
has all the fingerprints of a special operation, a Reichstag Fire. 9-11 was
one of the false pretexts, lies, used to sell the war on Iraq.

      “We need a national dialogue on Impeachment, the responsibility of the
American people and Congress to rein in a criminal regime that is capable
terrorizing its own people, as well as pursuing illegal, immoral, wars of
aggression against other countries, and stealing elections.

     “I hope that others share my dream for transforming this country from a
violent, dominating bully, to a respectful, helpful friend.

      “I hope that those who share my belief that “Impeachment,” Repeal of
the PATRIOT Act, Redirecting Resources from Killing to Healing, are our best
hope for the country and will support my campaign.  I cannot do this alone;
there must be a powerful social movement.  Apathy, Disengagement, Fear and
Cynicism are the forces which perpetuate the war economy, corporate globalization.
Engagement, Empowerment, Hope, Courage, Truth, Growing Real Communities within
our society can transform it to serve and nurture life.

     “Another  world is possible.  We can do together what none of us can do
alone.  I have no experience within government nor corporations, but I do have
experience in mothering, organizing, building community, learning how to work
cooperatively, finding the deeper truths and purposes which bind us with all
of humanity.  As citizens,  our greatest duty, to ourselves, to our families,
to the world, is to rein in our own government, and hold it accountable for
its actions, this is why I am running for office, to champion Truth, Peace,
Justice, and Ecological Wisdom.

    I hope you will join us on January 15th for the Speak-Out, Rally for
Truth, Peace and Justice.  I hope it doesn’t rain.  After over four years of the
weekly Wednesday’ “Listening for a Change,” Project.  I believe I will change
the title to “Listening and Speaking for a Change” and reserve the first hour
for Listening and the second hour for Speaking and organizing. If you cannot
join us on the 15th, please join us on a sunny/cloudy/non-rainy Wednesday from
11 am to 1 pm at Lytton Plaza.
Carol Brouillet,  www.communitycurrency.org
,
 cbrouillet at igc.org, PO Box 60511, Palo Alto, CA,  650-857-0927