[Sosfbay-discuss] Event Announcement: January 11 Green Talk

Mjsmith55 at aol.com Mjsmith55 at aol.com
Tue Jan 10 12:53:41 PST 2006

Welcome to gpsmc-news, the occasional online newsletter of the Green
Party of San Mateo County. You'll find subscription (and
unsubscription)  instructions at the end of this message.

You'll find all this information, as well as directions and links to
maps, at our online calendar:
<_http://cagreens.org/sanmateo/calendar.html_
(http://cagreens.org/sanmateo/calendar.html) >.  Most calendar items
have contact persons noted, but you can always inquire  at
_gpsmc at cagreens.org_ (mailto:gpsmc at cagreens.org)  or  650-366-6603 for more
information on anything
concerning GPSMC.

The January 11th Green Talk will be on Sustainability in

Suburbia--growing food, improving soil, and using local resources in a

suburban setting. Please join us.

Wednesday, November 9th
Peter's Cafe, Millbrae
Millbrae Ave and El  Camino at the Bart/CalTrain station
or automobile parking next to the  Cafe

6 pm  - no host dinner

7 pm  - welcome and announcements

8 pm  - Sanda Everette speaking on Sustainability in Suburbia.

Principles of sustainability have always been important to folks who

care about the environment, but the need to produce more of our own

food or get it from sources closer to home has been increased with our

growing awareness of the crisis associated with "peak oil."  Hear how

the San Mateo Ecovillage has been set up to grow some of its own food

and learn ways you can do it as well. Find out about additional local

sources of organic food which they use such as "Community Supported
Agriculture" and Farmers' Markets.  Learn how to improve your soil so

that you can garden...and what to do if you have no soil. Sanda and

Brian Everette are Permaculture Designers and Master Composters and you

can read more about their project at

_http://www.greensolutions.org/smcc.htm_
(http://www.greensolutions.org/smcc.htm)

directly. If you have
an announcement that you'd like to see posted to  the news list, send
the announcement, well in advance of the event, to Mitch  Smith
<_mjsmith55 at aol.com_ (mailto:mjsmith55 at aol.com) >.

We also have an email discussion list for San Mateo Greens. Subscribe
to this list at <_http://lists.cagreens.org/mailman/listinfo/gpsmc-d_
and then post messages by sending them to <_gpsmc-d at cagreens.org_
(mailto:gpsmc-d at cagreens.org) >.
This list  is for the discussion of issues and other items of specific
interest to San  Mateo Greens. You'll also find instructions for
signing up at our GPSMC Get  Informed! web page:
<_http://cagreens.org/sanmateo/inform.html_
(http://cagreens.org/sanmateo/inform.html) >.
--
Mitch Smith