[Sosfbay-discuss] Justice In Santa Clara County

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Sun Jan 22 20:07:42 PST 2006

After a long walk late this afternoon with my wife, I came back, turned
on Channel 11 news, and heard the story of Miguel Sermeno.

    Sermeno was arrested on felony hit-and-run charges after walking the
    half-block from his house to the scene of an accident. An
    overzealous deputy district attorney ignored evidence that pointed
    to a more likely suspect, instead winning a wrongful conviction.

This led me to the Mercury News.  Todays MN had the first of a five part
series on IN justice in Santa Clara County.  It is appalling and, from
my own observations just in traffic court, has a racial side to it that
de facto punishes those who are "different."

I urge everyone to read this series by Fredrick Tulsky.  Then, I would
hope that there is a way to turn this into a formal protest of the lack
of social justice in our INjustice system.  We often take shots at the
"Murky News" but this time they are doing something right.

Wes

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
http://www.refpub.com/
Tel: 408.778.3024