[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: Join the Sierra Club in Watching "Global Warming: What You Need to Know"]

Tian Harter tnharter at ispwest.com
Fri Jul 14 00:40:02 PDT 2006

Dear Sierra Club Supporter:

Irecently hosted the special
<http://info.sierraclub.org/c.html?rtr=on&s=arz,lgwp,o7l,hieh,9dab,wke,aq2s>GLOBAL
WARMING: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
<http://info.sierraclub.org/c.html?rtr=on&s=arz,lgwp,o7l,hieh,9dab,wke,aq2s>
for the Discovery Channel. I encourage you to tune in on* Sunday, July
16 at 9 PM ET/PT* for the world premiere.

When I first set out to do this special, I knew a few things for certain:

    * I knew that most people were confused about global warming
    * And I knew that if we were going to do this right, it had to be
      completely objective and journalistic. No celebrities, no foregone
      conclusions. Just the straight science so that people can make up
      their own minds about the issue.

GLOBAL WARMING: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
<http://info.sierraclub.org/c.html?rtr=on&s=arz,lgwp,o7l,hieh,9dab,wke,aq2s>
will take you to global warming hot spots around the world where the
planet is most affected by climate change -- into rushing sub-surface
rivers deep in Patagonian glaciers; into the drought-stricken Amazon; on
coral reefs ravaged by rising ocean temperatures; into a massive Chinese
coal mine, and many more.

An international team of experts, including NASA's top climate scientist
Dr. James Hansen, will discuss the current realities of global warming
and predict the future of the planet.

The special will look at technical solutions, both great and small, from
giant gas injection rigs in the ocean, to more efficient architecture in
cities, to what the average American family can do to slow global warming.

I hope you will tune in to see for yourself what we all need to know
about global warming to ensure the future of our planet. *GLOBAL
WARMING: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW airs Sunday, July 16 at 9 PM ET/PT.*
<http://info.sierraclub.org/c.html?rtr=on&s=arz,lgwp,o7l,hieh,9dab,wke,aq2s>

Sincerely,

Tom Brokaw

<http://info.sierraclub.org/c.html?rtr=on&s=arz,lgwp,o7l,er6m,lc6f,wke,aq2s>