[Sosfbay-discuss] GP takes up Eminent Domain Issue - resources (was Re: MH Times)

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 25 10:39:26 PDT 2006

Hi Wes,

I've observed all across the country the Green Party has taken up
fighting against eminent domain abuse.  Here are some related GP
resources:

Eminent Domain pamphlet:
  http://gp.org/issue/eminent_domain.pdf
Agriculture Policy:
  http://gp.org/issue/agriculture_2005.pdf
  http://gp.org/platform/2004/ecology.html#759843

2005.06.28: Supreme Theft
  http://gp.org/press/pr_2005_06_28.shtml
2005.07.23: Greens Plan for 2006 and 2008
  http://gp.org/press/pr_2005_07_23.shtml
2005.10.19: Elaine Brown Fights Disqualification
  http://gp.org/press/pr_2005_10_19.shtml

Drew

--- Wes Rolley <wrolley at charter.net> wrote:

> I have talked to some of the people in my sub-division (Holiday Lakes
> in
> Morgan Hill), about 500 homes, about the PLAN initiative.
> There are a number who view increased controls, such as OpenSpace
> 2006 /
> PLAN initiative as being an increased level of regulation and
> actually,
> a "takings" from their property value.  This property rights issue is
>
> increasing in it's focus.  The Feature story
> <http://www.hcn.org/servlets/hcn.Article?article_id=16409> in High
> Country News this week is dedicated to the issue. They cast is as a
> libertarian question, but in California, there is a strong presence
> of
> property rights organizations.  Thie is what got Richard Pombo
> elected
> the first time.
>
> High Country News also has commentary by Rebecca Clarren
> <http://www.hcn.org/servlets/hcn.Article?article_id=15139> on the
> Oregon
> initiative (passed in Nov. 2004). " Nearly 60 percent of Oregon
> voters
> across rural and urban areas passed a ballot initiative that requires
>
> state and local governments to either compensate landowners when
> environmental or planning laws harm property values, or else to waive
>
> the regulations."
>
> I wrote a commentary that ran in today's Morgan Hill Times on
> environmental regulation and property rights. Here is is.
>
> __
> rankly, I am getting tired of the political rhetoric that continues
> define conflicts over environmental regulation as a property rights
> issue. That is a sham foisted on us by those who think it their
> God-given right to make the maximum amount of money at our expense
> and
> the politicians, like Richard Pombo, who find this a convenient
> rallying
> cry.

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cows Slayer