[Sosfbay-discuss] Agenda Packet Follow-up

Jim Stauffer jims at greens.org
Tue Jun 20 20:17:05 PDT 2006

During the packet review last Sunday a concern/clarification was brought
up on the Quorum proposal (pg 13) of which I am the author.

The issue was that the proposal speaks of delegates registered and not
alternate delegates. My response was to agree to change the term to
"delegate seats" to accomodate the alts.

But that was the wrong answer. We're talking about delegates registered
at the accreditation table and not about the general plenary
registration. Only delegates, and not alternates, accredit-register. If
a county is short a delegate, then an alternate converts to a delegate
and registers.

So the language referring only to delegates is appropriate.

--
Jim