[Sosfbay-discuss] Fwd: San Jose - Whatever Happened to "Think Globally, Work Locally" ?

Bob Alavi baalavi at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 29 09:23:55 PDT 2006

Alex, Right next to your post, I received this in the mail.  Not quite a reply to the points you raised, but somehow I found common points in both.  [Perhaps Greens telling Davis to step down ...]

  Whether they have anything in common or not, oh well, hope you'd find it interesting or use "DEL" key.

  ba

  ================================>> Begin Excerpt >>  >>

  Marc wrote:
  The only apology needed here is from Nader to the Greens for:

Then went on to repeat the tirade about their ( San Francisco Greens and their progressive base) suffering all sorts of setbacks from Nader's run.

  Kamran's response:
  Marc,
  I am not Nader.
  I did not vote for Al Gore because:
  - Al Gore does not represent me by any measure important to me.
  The differences between ham, fish and chicken don't matter to a vegetarian.
  - And my assessment of voting for the lesser evil for four decades is: Increasingly worse Democrats, not one better Republican, a complete breakdown of the electoral process and complete handover of the 3 branches of government to an increaingly shrinking number of corporations (now less than a dozen).

  Are you not the same Marc that said "One definition of insanity is repeating the same patterns and expecting different results." ?

  These are what you should have been telling your progressive base, instead of making it your business to chant "Don't run, Nader" with them...

  I have a right to be purposeful and I am not Nader.
  I have a right to vote (14th amendment acknowledges that).
  I have weighed and do not wish to cast a vote for anyone, REGARDLESS OF THEIR "POSITIONS", who would concentrate power for the two party system.

  And I did not cheat any Democrats from their right to vote. They did violate laws to keep me from voting.

  They also cheated a lot of others to make them think that Al Gore lost because of Nader.

  They have lost several hundred important elected federal and state level posts, from Senate, House, Governors... in places that they were shoe-ins.  They have done all that, over 2 decades, with no Nader or Greens running against them.

  Remember them saying "If you don't vote for Davis, Arnold will become governor?

  Remember we were writing them to ask Davis to resign, thus stopping the recall election, and let Bustamante become governor? Ask Thomas to forward you the first and most elegant one....

  Remember them, then saying "If you don't vote for Bustamante, Arnold will become governor."?

  I do.

  They lost governorship of California, and they could have easily kept it!!!!!!!

  They have lost, not because anyone split "their" votes but because they are losers.

  The fruits of 60's and 70's were handed, in a silver platter, to the Democratic Party and the idiots lost them.
  Now they are blaming Bush for their own decades-long follies.

  Tell your progressive base that The Republican Party has some validity: They say they represent the corporations and they do..
  The Democratic Party is the imposter party; They do not represent whom they claim to represent. The sooner that party is over the better.

  And I have no intention of voting for Democrats so they don't lose. Because they are losers and I don't want to throw my vote away. What is so complicated that your progressive base does not understand?

  Will then, your progressive base nag why I excercised my right?
  And will you continue nagging and blaming me for alienating your progressive base and your other failures?
  Will you continue the false accusation that people are making laws to prevent you from local work?

  SHOULD I APOLOGIZE, if you don't have the nerve to tell your progressive base that my votes are mine and none of their progressive business?

  You should be busy doing what you should have done in 2000 and 2004: Telling them it is not progressive to demand that others see things their way.

  And it is reactionary to try to keep someone, bad as s/he may be, off the ballot... so the people who would have voted for her/him, have no choice but the one you (your progressive base) would want them to have. What else could the implications of "Nader, don't run!" be? Don't give-in to confusion my friend, this has little to do with Nader.

  Kamran