[Sosfbay-discuss] HopeDance

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Sun Mar 5 08:31:19 PST 2006

I am always pursuing the goal of convincing Greens that Tip O'Neil was
rithg:  "All politics is local."  If you can not make your political
message resonate as it affects people locally, then you have little
chance of winning.  This is one reason why some politicians support
disastrous policies, because they are viewed by the locals as "one of us".

It is with that in mind that I call attention to the latest issue of
HopeDance, a small magaine published by a California Green.
http://www.hopedance.org/.

In the current issue, Natasha Dalton carries O'Neil's axiom one step
further.  "The political is always p;ersonal."

> The political is always personal. I wonder if the lack of interest
> evident in our local authorities’ attitude toward affordable housing
> stems from the perception that the problem will eventually get
> resolved on its own. Or from the fact that they personally happened to
> buy their first homes when housing was indeed affordable.
>
> Now, with a median home price of $605,700, only 7% of us can afford to
> buy a house in our county. Even with a whopping $150,000 as a down
> payment, you’ll still need an annual income of $120,000 or more to be
> able to enter the market.

It is a good read.

Wes

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't, then you are wasting your time on this Earth" Roberto Clemente

Wes Rolley
http://www.refpub.com/
Tel: 408.778.3024