[Sosfbay-discuss] GPoSCC Meeting Notes 3-7-06

Carol Brouillet cbrouillet at igc.org
Sun Mar 12 20:28:08 PST 2006

Notes from the Green Party of Santa Clara County meeting of March 7, 2006

Tian --Facilitator
Carol- Note-taker
Fred  - Timekeeper
Dana ­ Vibes Watcher

       Open Space Initiative Intro --  Peter
Drekmeier, recently elected to the Palo Alto City
Council.  Over 3 years, environmentalists have
been working on it.  New For Santa Clara
—protect open space in a very fair way.  Only
covers Ranch/unincorporated land/large scale agriculture.
       Reduces the amount of development that you can do.
       Special protection for scenic views,
riparian corridors, sensitive habitat.  Lots of support.
  No cost to voters.
      We need 52,000 signatures.  More info at www.OpenSpace2006.org
       Warner proposed to endorse the initiative.
Seconded.  Was concerned about the
loophole.  City can annex land, but we can battle
that.  Groups can enforce it and sue.

      April 29 and 30 --  Next Plenary, Ventura County.  We need delegates.
Warner
volunteered to be delegate, Gerry volunteered to
be alternate.  Will be candidate forum.
Big item will be the budget.

     Planning Meeting ­ not done.

    Jim Doyle gathered signatures.
    Gerry Gras gathered signatures for County Council elections
    No change yet on meeting date

    3/18 Peace Events  -- SF Rally, Palo Alto
    3/25  Saturday, 6:00 a.m. Peace March SwiftSmartVeterans.com
           San Jose     endorsing the march
               Donate  $100 towards food and water.  Roy and Jim contacts

    3/19  Mountain View Voices for Peace --  Mountain View City Plaza  12-5
         They will read the names of those who have died.

    Buttons ­not many left-- Jim Doyle could make them.  2-1/2” circles
         needs artwork

    4/22 San Jose State Earth Day
   Junior Statesmen of America
   We need a Treasurer
   We need a Regional Rep.  Mitch Smith is the
only candidate, with Gerry as alternate

    Impeachment Resolution
     --- Press Release,  Media list ­ passed

          Tuesday April 4th- next meeting