[Sosfbay-discuss] Regional meeting June 10

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Sun May 28 20:09:28 PDT 2006

Thursday June 1.  San Jose Peace Center is at 48 South Seventh Street
between East Santa Clara St and East San Fernando St.
There's a light rail stop southbound on Second.
There are a few parking spaces in back of the Peace Center
but that's always full when there's a meeting.
You can lock your bike back there though.
The 22 bus stops at 7th and Santa Clara.
There may be parking between that bus stop and the Peace Center.
It's a "strip mall" with a noodle house, Vietnamese sandwich shop,
and soon a Mexican market.
There's a parking garage at Fourth and San Fernando,
free after 6 pm.  Otherwise you're next to San Jose State so
don't expect to find much on-street parking.

There's an interesting Vietnamese place at 348 E Santa Clara
(between 8th and 9th, short blocks), Quang Da.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/TDl9r6B8c7ZQ7UiZ15kMSA
More vegetarian fare than the typical beef noodle shop.
I propose gathering there before the business meeting, around 6:30.
There's also a Good Karma Vegan House at 322 E Santa Clara
which I haven't tried yet.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/lhh0RQP0SRd1YTKwkEKZCg

I usually bike down there or meander down "surface streets"
from 17th and Hedding.  Perhaps someone who drives to
east of downtown regularly could give some clever
fuelish directions.

Cameron