[Sosfbay-discuss] CONGRATULATIONS TO WES ROLLEY!

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Wed Nov 8 13:21:19 PST 2006

> What will be the fate of PomboWatch now?

I hope to put up a gallery of photos that various people sent me during
the race.  Many came from Pete McCloskey's support of the Immigration
Rallies in Stockton last spring. Others from a few different sources
incluing the other Republican Candidate who endorsed Jerry McNerney Tom
"Tommy Bananas" Benigno.

Then, I will take it down, save the DB and archive.  Keep it somewhere
to remember.

To quote from Henry V....

This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
>From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

I know of some who already talk of writing a book on the race.  I would
rather think about how to use what I learned to elect someone else.

I think back to 1993/4 when the House of Representatives had a speaker
named Rostenkowski.  (He went to jail for corruption).  They had a very
close relationship between the Democratic Party and the Lobbyists.  That
helped elevate Newt Gingrich as speaker when a large class of new
Republican representatives swept in to power and promised reform.
Sound Familiar?

Perhaps I will have to take PomboWatch out of mothballs, update to the
newest technology and organize the blogosphere again.

Some heros I should mention:
dengre at dailykos. - a two year archive on the Abramoff affair and the
connection to the Marianas Islands in particular. dengre is from the DC
area.
Land-of_Enchantment at dailykos.  - 47 pieces of investigavie writing on
dailykos and much of it cross posted at e pluribus media... a great
resource for the citizen journalist.  (You may see me there in the
future.)
Scott Restivo with the votepomboout email list and "A better congress"
web site.
Matt Entenbloom, Scott and "babaloo" who ran the SayNoToPombo blog where
I also posted using the nom de blog of "delta'.
And especially Republican Pete McCloskey who showed a lot of people what
it meant to stand up for principle above party, as he did when running
against Nixon.  That gave cover to many Republicans to were hesitant to
vote for a Dem.

--
Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Court

"Happiness is to be fully engaged in the activity that you believe in and, if you are very good at it, well that's a bonus." -- Henry Moore