[Sosfbay-discuss] Tian's Campaign shifts into high gear!

Tian Harter tnharter at ispwest.com
Wed Oct 18 23:41:04 PDT 2006

The last week has been very busy for my campaign. I've attended two
candidate forums, walked five precincts myself, and gotten together and
distributed kits to half a dozen friends who have also been walking.
Thanks to Bob, Jody, Bruce, Mike, Kyra, and Greg!

I still need more people who have a day or two to walk precincts in
Mountain View between now and the election. It would make a big
difference in what my campaign is able to accomplish. What I need is
people to put fliers on the porches of voters, there is no need to talk
to anybody. I've done this many times for other candidates, and it works
out to a great urban hike. You will enjoy it if the weather is good!

Saturdays and Sundays are the main mobilizations I'm thinking about.
Saturday I will be at home giving out precinct walking kits until about
11 AM, when I plan to go out and spend the rest of the day walking
precincts myself. Sunday I will be at the farmers market distributing
kits and tabling until about 1 PM, after which I will again be walking
myself.

If you would rather participate in a visibility project, Friday evening
from 6 to 7 the Mountain View Voices for Peace vigil at the corner of El
Camino & Castro. I always go, but lately I've been thinking "wouldn't it
be great if we could make it into a campaign festivus?!" So come on down
on Friday, and lets make a big show of it!

Next week on Tuesday and Thursday evenings I'll be having the big
stuffing partys of the campaign. Please let me know if you can be there.
We have to get 8000 postcards to voters in the mail. The gist of it can
be seen at:

http://tianharter.org/PostcardRev2.html

BTW: If you have any suggestions about how to make the postcard more
effective, I am all ears.

Please call me at (650) 964-6481 to let me know when you will be
participating in the above. I need a rough idea how much prep work to do
ahead of time. If you want to walk in a specific area also specify that.
We can win this race, but not without working!

--
Tian
Please come to Mountain View to walk a precinct for my campaign!