[Sosfbay-discuss] "Meet the GP Candidates" Media Blitz

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 25 12:13:46 PDT 2006

Action I've taken or am aware of so far:

I've posted it to the following calenders:
* Bay Area Progressive Directory
* Global Exchange
* San Jose Mercury News
* "Silicon Valley Community Newspapers" A conglomerate that includes:
Almaden Resident, Campbell Reporter Logo, The Campbell Reporter,
Cupertino Courier, Los Gatos Weekly Times, Rose Garden Resident,
Saratoga News, The Sunnyvale Sun, Willow Glen Resident, West San Jose
Resident
* Carol put it into Palo Alto Online which inclues: Palo Alto Weekly,
The Almanac, Mountain View Voice
* Jim put it in El Observador
* I talked to Andrea about her using her connections to get it into
Vietnamese language newspapers.
* GPCA Press Secretary Cres Vellucci will do a blitz aprox three days
ahead of time which he's found to be the most effective way to get
media types there.

It needs to be said that on some of these calenders I'm not certain if
it will be published because we're submitting with less than 4 weeks
lead time.  We can beat ourselves up for that, but I don't see the need
to because I think we'll get plenty o' coverage to fill the place, get
media attention and make it a great event!

There are a number of other outlets I've been researching and hope to
get posted to in the next few days, most especially including the Palo
Alto Daily and the Los Gatos Daily News, (both of which are owned by
the same company and whose web site doesn't provide an easy way to
submit these kinds of things, but I'm working on it), KKUP, GPCA, GP
Alameda and many others.

Hopefully that helps everyone get a more accurate (and encouraging)
view of where we're at.  So let's keep pushing and I think we'll do
well!

A Million Votes for Peace!

Drew

--- Fred Duperrault <fredd at freeshell.org> wrote:

> Jim S., Warner B., Jim D., Drew J., Wes R., Jo C., Carol B. and
> Others
> Involved,
>
> I suggest we take an inventory on what we have done so far in
> conducting
> a media blitz for the Oct 3 "Meet the Green Party California
> Candidates"
> event, and share what each of us will do within the next two or three
>
> days.  We have seven days to round up some media coverage.
>
> Do we have a press release and flyer completed, or on the way?
>
> Although I haven't done as much as I had intended, here is what I
> have done:
>
> Emailed "Community Calendar" announcements to the MV VOICE and KPFA;
> Met
> with the MV VOICE Editor;  Am contacting Jo Chamberlain about both,
> or
> each of us making contacts with some radio stations and more
> newspaper;
> and  Will  visit the Sunnyvale Sun today.
>
> With urgent concern,
>
> Fred

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer