[Sosfbay-discuss] 411 on 911 - 9/11 Truth and Impeachment Rally and March

Carol Brouillet cbrouillet at igc.org
Tue Apr 10 15:05:25 PDT 2007

411 on 911 Rally and March in Palo Alto- Please come and spread the word!!!!

Here's a posting of our press advisory with the
image on the 1000 postcards we printed to promote the event.
<http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2007/04/03/18388290.php>http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2007/04/03/18388290.php

Images of the posters we made can be seen at the
event website-
<http://www.communitycurrency.org/impeach.html>http://www.communitycurrency.org/impeach.html

The Rally begins at 1 pm at Lytton Plaza,
University x Emerson, Downtown Palo Alto
The March begins at 3 pm

The rally and march are being sponsored by the
Northern California 9/11 Truth Alliance with
support from some dedicated activists. We will
have some great speakers including-Janette
MacKinlay­a survivor of the 9/11 attacks; David
Kubiak­International Campaign Advisor of
911Truth.org; Gabriel Day­organizer of the “9/11-
Revealing the Truth, Reclaiming the Future”
conference; Ken Jenkins­of the Northern
California 9/11 Truth Alliance; and Riva
Enteen­of the National Lawyers Guild. Music will
be provided by “Annie and the Vets.”

We will also be filming the event for community
access and internet broadcasting. We will have
our giant 12' x 8' x 2' replica of the 9/11
Report (with enormous holes in it- a feature of
our SF Tea Party for 9/11 Truth
http://www.communitycurrency.org/sfteaparty.html),
with a sound system for the great new impeachment
and 9/11 Truth songs for the march.

We will have lots of signs, banners, handouts and
encourage people to bring their own, as well.

Our demand for an investigation into 9/11 began
in 2001, taking stronger form in January of 2002
with marches on Senator Feinstein and
Congresswoman Eshoo’s offices. From the weekly
“Listening Project” (every Wednesday from 11:00
a.m. to 1:00 p.m. which will again proceed the
411 on 911 rally), the 9/11 Truth movement has
grown into an international effort.

In January of 2003 the demands of the 9/11 Truth
movement to “stop the 9/11 cover-up, repeal the
PATRIOT Act, and demand pre-emptive impeachment
of Bush,” prior to the war, were dismissed by
Eshoo and the Congress, who continue to fund the
war and have failed to respond to growing public
demands for the impeachment of Bush, Cheney, and
Gonzales. This failure can be seen in Eshoo’s
response to Carol Brouillet after the recent
March 14th Impeachment rally in Palo Alto:

“I've lived through an impeachment process and
witnessed firsthand how it tears the country
apart. The election in November was a resounding
rejection of the President's policies and the
policies of his party. I think it's time to bring
the country together and move forward. In my
view, impeachment will heavily distract from the
important work of reversing the disastrous course
this Administration has set and will virtually
bring to a halt progress on important issues
including healthcare and global warming.”

Activists have been outraged to see Congress
expand funding for the war and work with those
widely considered to be "war criminals." We are
calling for a truly independent investigation of
9/11, a nationwide shopping boycott from Tax Day
to Earth Day (http://www.wearenotbuyingit.org),
and for people to "Show it Off" (sporting their
Impeachment garb and message)
(http://showitoffnow.blogspot.com/) prior to the
national day of ”impeachment actions” on April 28th (http://www.a28.org).

Please, add your voice to ours, join us if you
can, or hold an action in solidarity, wherever
you are. There will also be an event this Sunday
kicking of the National Shopping Boycott in Berkeley-
(http://sfbaycantwait.org/Home.html) King Middle
School, 1781 Rose St, Berkeley, 2-4:30 pm
entitled- VOICES FOR IMPEACHMENT- A ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION with
Dennis Loo and Peter Phillips; Editors of the book, Impeach the President
Debra Sweet; National Director, The World Can’t
Wait – Drive Out the Bush Regime!
Elizabeth de la Vega; Author, United States v. George W. Bush et al
Sophie deVries; National Impeachment Coordinator, Democrats.com