[Sosfbay-discuss] Mid-County Local/first gathering is a movie night/please join Mon. 4/16 7:00pm

MKmusic03 at aol.com MKmusic03 at aol.com
Sat Apr 14 11:53:25 PDT 2007

Hi All,

Calling all who live in the mid-county area (San jose, Campbell, Los Gatos).
We are starting a local from this area.  Our first get together is a social
event/movie night this Moday, 4/16 at 7:00pm.  We will be showing the film,
"American Blackout".

We are showing it at a private home located near Campbell Ave and San Tomas
Aquino Rd.  Please RSVP
and I will give you the address and directions.

Merriam
mkmusic03 at aol.com
408-482-6032

American Blackout: Your Outrage Is Waiting
http://imdb.com/title/tt0492443/

Plot Outline:
American Blackout: "A look at the career of U.S. Representative Cynthia
McKinney from Georgia and the historical suppression of black voters in
the United States"

Plot summary: http://imdb.com/title/tt0492443/plotsummary
"Chronicles the recurring patterns of disenfranchisement witnessed from
2000 to 2004 while following the story of Georgia Congresswoman Cynthia
McKinney, who not only took an active role in investigating these
election debacles but also found herself in the middle of one after
publicly questioning the Bush Administration about the 9-11 terrorist
attacks. Some call Cynthia McKinney a civil rights leader among the
ranks of Shirley Chisholm and Malcolm X. Others call her a conspiracy
theorist and a 'looney.' American Blackout gains unprecedented access
to one of the most controversial and dangerous politicians in America
and examines the contemporary tactics used to control our democratic
process and silence political dissent. The film features interviews
with: US Congressional Representatives, John Lewis, Cynthia McKinney,
John Conyers, Bernie Sanders, and Stephanie Tubbs-Jones; former US
Civil Rights Commissioner & Dean of UC Berkeley's School of Law,
Christopher Edley; BBC journalist Greg Palast; and, Van Jones,
Executive Director of the Ella Baker Center. Written by Ian Inaba"