[Sosfbay-discuss] Mon. 4/16 7:30PM Campbell "American Blackout" DVD House Party (was Re: MidValley Local/first gathering is a movie night/please join Mon. 4/16 7:00pm

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 12:13:32 PDT 2007

Note also that everyone is invited (not just those from the Mid-Valley
Local area).  Just RSVP to Merriam for directions.

Note also that this event (from the natal Events Committee) in addition
to beginning our MidValley Local is also a beginning to our efforts to
form Feminist Issues Group/Woman's Caucus and People of Color Caucus
chapter.

Organize, Energize, Coalize!

Drew

--- MKmusic03 at aol.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Calling all who live in the mid-county area (San jose, Campbell, Los
> Gatos).
> We are starting a local from this area.  Our first get together is a
> social event/movie night this Moday, 4/16 at 7:00pm.  We will be
showing the
> film,  "American Blackout".
>
> We are showing it at a private home located near Campbell Ave and San
> Tomas Aquino Rd.  Please RSVP and I will give you the address and
directions.

> Merriam
> mkmusic03 at aol.com
> 408-482-6032
>
> American Blackout: Your Outrage Is Waiting
> http://imdb.com/title/tt0492443/
>
> Plot Outline:
> American Blackout: "A look at the career of U.S. Representative
> Cynthia
> McKinney from Georgia and the historical suppression of black voters
> in
> the United States"
>
> Plot summary: http://imdb.com/title/tt0492443/plotsummary
> "Chronicles the recurring patterns of disenfranchisement witnessed
> from 2000 to 2004 while following the story of Georgia Congresswoman
> Cynthia McKinney, who not only took an active role in investigating
these
> election debacles but also found herself in the middle of one after
> publicly questioning the Bush Administration about the 9-11 terrorist
> attacks. Some call Cynthia McKinney a civil rights leader among the
> ranks of Shirley Chisholm and Malcolm X. Others call her a conspiracy
> theorist and a 'looney.' American Blackout gains unprecedented access
> to one of the most controversial and dangerous politicians in America
> and examines the contemporary tactics used to control our democratic
> process and silence political dissent. The film features interviews
> with: US Congressional Representatives, John Lewis, Cynthia McKinney,
> John Conyers, Bernie Sanders, and Stephanie Tubbs-Jones; former US
> Civil Rights Commissioner & Dean of UC Berkeley's School of Law,
> Christopher Edley; BBC journalist Greg Palast; and, Van Jones,
> Executive Director of the Ella Baker Center. Written by Ian Inaba"

JamBoi: Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
See http://google.com/search?hl=en&q=JamBoi
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Reply from Celts invading the Italian penninsula's when nervous Romans asked.
approx 400BC