[Sosfbay-discuss] Fwd: SJ Immigration Forums This Weekend

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 23:33:49 PDT 2007

--- Adam Welch <adam_freedom at yahoo.com> wrote:

> To: SFJ Deanza <sfj_deanza at yahoogroups.com>,
> sfj_sjsu at yahoogroups.com,
>   Margarita Garcia <marg_garc at yahoo.com>
> From: Adam Welch <adam_freedom at yahoo.com>
> Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 22:59:39 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: [sfj_deanza] SJ Immigration Forums This Weekend
>
> Hey folks, check these out...
>
> MAY 1st, 2007: INFO & EVENTS IN SAN JOSE--  We hope you can spread
the word, we hope you can join us, we hope you are marching with us
this May 1st, 2007!

> Add to get the 411: http://www.myspace.com/accionprimerodemayo
>
> "Public Forum on Immigration”--Dialogue on Current
> Legislative Proposals, Learn the Rights of
> Unidocumented Individuals
> Friday, April 20th, 6-8pm at CET, 701 Vine St., Salón 128
>
> Sponsored by: San Jose Coalition for Immigrant Rights
> (SJCIR)
> 408-280-7770 x33
> -----------
> “Dandonos la Mano” Immigration Forum
> Saturday April 21, 20007
> 4pm-7pm @ Mi Pueblo Plaza in San Jose at 1775 Story
> Rd. San Jose, CA
> Congressman Luis Gutierrez of Chicago, co-author of
> the STRIVE ACT for comprehensive Immigration Reform
> will be present to speak and answer your questions.
> Voluntarios de la Comunidad:
> www.voluntariosdelacomunidad.org
> Jose Sandoval: 408.203.1696, josanlo at msn.com
> ----------
> "THINK BEFORE YOU MARCH, PIENSE ANTES DE MARCHAR”
> Jueves, April 26th, 2007, 6-8pm
> Youth Educational Forum/Why we March on May 1st?
> WHERE: MLK Library 5th floor, Cultural Heritage Center
> Room, 4th St. & San Fernando Street, Downtown SJ. VTA
> Bus Line 81/72/73/85/22/64
> AND then
MARCH with Youth, Students, Artists"
> "MARCHA con Jovenes, Estudiantes y Artistas"
> Tuesday, May 1st, 2007, 4pm-? At: Shakeys/Mi
> Pueblo/Story & King Rd)
> WHAT TO BRING: Wear a white shirt and a brown arm band
> for solidarity
> Why we march?
> • Stop the militarization of the Mexican border
> • Stop the unjust deportation and criminalization of
> Mexican and all immigrants
> • Support worker’s rights in Mexico, in the U.S. and
> around the world.
> • Unconditional legalization for all
> • Stop the military recruitment of Mexican/Latino
> youth
> Information: maiz_mex at hotmail.com, 408.250.9245
> www.myspace.com/maiz_mex

JamBoi: Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celts invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans approx 400BC