[Sosfbay-discuss] Tabling CD

cls at truffula.sj.ca.us cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Fri Apr 20 12:21:46 PDT 2007

We've been offering Knoppix as part of the county
party's tabling literature.  It's a general purpose
"live Linux" disk, equally suited for use as a basic
workstation, server, rescue disk, what have you.

I'm switching to Ubuntu Desktop for a while.
It's prettier, somewhat easier to use, and a lot more
popular.  Doesn't come with the server and software
development tools that Knoppix had.  Folks who need
those know where to get them.

Here are some screen shots.
http://content.zdnet.com/2346-12554_22-62956.html

Here's the flyer.
http://cagreens.org/sclara/resources/flyers/ubucd.pdf
It's a big fat file.  Openoffice exported the fonts into it.
The Open Document Format is a lot smaller.
http://cagreens.org/sclara/resources/flyers/ubucd.odt

Cameron