[Sosfbay-discuss] Minutes: 08/07/07 Meeting East Valley Local Greens

Kaisha Torres kaisha_marie at comcast.net
Sun Aug 12 17:43:31 PDT 2007

 Minutes for the August 7th meeting of the East Valley Local Greens:

Attendees:  Drew (out of area guest), Iliad, Kaisha, Cameron

Potential Participants
 (Cameron & Drew have lists that we can use):

Andrea Dorey – Media

Warner Bloomberg – State guy

Jim Stauffer – acting Reg Rep

Rob Means – maybe able to offer a place

Valerie Face (SC resident)

Pam & Julia Hughes

Roy Nordblum

Charlotte Casey (previous County council member; Peace Ctr Worker)

Geographic range of local:  San Jose (downtown SJ to East Foothills,
Milpitas to Evergreen), Santa Clara

Ideas and Goals for our Local:

  1.. Take school district project Iliad conducted at Leland and SJ Unified
to install Solar on Schools
  2.. Green Products, Businesses, Technologies Festival
  3.. Banning plastic bags via SJ City Council (like Oakland & SF)
  4.. Drinking water purchasing eliminated from County/City
  5.. Issue campaign – BAREC vote will occur in November
  6.. Stadium Issue
  7.. Evenings of Discourse/Green Party Socials

Discussed Festival –

Discussed hiring event promoters

Fred Dupperault suggested this event at N. Vly meeting

Cameron asked how the Green Festival would be different than the Green
Festival? Discussed establishing contacts at www.greenfestivals.org which
will be held in November in SF.

Decided to initiate a meeting to form a steering committee

Cameron reminded us about our primary goal. To obtain registered voters. We
discussed how being successful at our goals would help to establish a track
record that would encourage others to vote green.

Drew suggested that we recruit at the movie night, August 31st for local
meeting attendees.

Meeting Dates & Times & Lengths:

Next Local Meeting:  09/11/07 @ 7pm, location TBD & 10/10/07 @ 7pm, location
TBD

Festival Meeting:  09/18/07 @ 7pm (tentative)

We will try to hold meeting for 1.5 hours.

Green Party Social
Iliad has two friends who own bars and he will try to arrange a social
evening of discourse. Had some discussion on what a happy hour social would
look like.  We will need Nametags, inspirational stories & blurbs and
conversation starters.

For Next Meeting:

Prepare briefs for our next meeting to be able to discuss ideas/goals with
new members & interested parties:

Iliad to do solar at schools and plastic bags and also try to get dates,
etc. regarding social (tentative date for 9/21/07, 6-8pm)

Kaisha to do BAREC, Stadium Issue, Drinking Water.

Local Party Structure
Drew suggested we determine a list of positions to build our local party
with and recruit for those positions.

Signed the petition to form the local

Meeting adjourned at 8:40 PM