[Sosfbay-discuss] Why hasn't Mike Honda joined the "Impeach Cheney" campaign?

Rob Means rob.means at electric-bikes.com
Mon Aug 13 10:55:28 PDT 2007

Hi Folks,

The Democrats.com folks e-mailed an offer to give $100 for a Youtube
video of Mike Honda (or any other House representative) explaining why
he isn't co-sponsoring H. R. 333, the "Impeach Cheney" resolution.  See
the offer below.  We GPers are always looking for fundraising
opportunities.  This could be a fun one.

Next week, we'll have three opportunities to meet with Mr. Honda at
townhall meetings:
http://honda.house.gov/townhall/
If someone wants to videotape the answer, I'm willing to ask the
question at the Santa Clara meeting:
When: Wednesday, August 29 | 7-8.30 PM
Where: Santa Clara City Council Chambers, 1500 Warburton Avenue, Santa
Clara, CA  95050

His website is also soliciting questions for these meetings at:
http://aihs1.house.gov/subscribe/survey?f=130
I submitted the following:
"Two weeks ago I asked your staff (via e-mail and voice-mail) if you
co-sponsored H. R. 333, articles of impeachment for Vice President
Cheney.  Having received no response, I checked this morning, and found
that you are not a co-sponsor.  Today's questions is why not?  Do you
think that the charges against Cheney in H. R. 333 are untrue?  Or are
you afraid of what people (including Nancy Pelosi) might think of you?
As an elected official, your oath of office requires you to protect the
Constitution.  Why are you reluctant to do so in this case?"

If I can be of further assistance, please contact me.

Rob Means, Electro Ride Bikes and Scooters
408-262-8975   rob.means at electric-bikes.com
1421 Yellowstone Ave., Milpitas, CA 95035-6913
Discover cycling that's Easy, Safe, Fast - and FUN!
---

Youtube Your Rep. and Earn $100
Congress is off this month, so your Representative is home making
appearances at community events.

What a great opportunity to grab a video camera, find your
Representative, point the camera in his/her face, and ask him/her point
blank: what's your excuse for not co-sponsoring H.Res. 333 ?
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/cheney2

As everyone knows, there are no good excuses for failing to impeach
Cheney . Cheney lied repeatedly about Iraq's WMD's - and he's still
lying today. He stood in front of 5 F-18's on an aircraft carrier in the
Persian Gulf to threaten an illegal war of aggression against Iran. His
Chief of Staff, Scooter Libby, committed perjury and obstruction of
justice to avoid telling Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald that
Cheney told him to expose Valerie Plame's identity - a major felony and
arguably treason by Cheney. The Washington Post reported Cheney was the
leading advocate for using torture - also a major felony and a war
crime. And when it comes to any form of accountability, Cheney insists
he's above the law.

Despite the absense of good excuses, Democrats in Congress continue to
make excuses for refusing to impeach Dick Cheney. But it will be much
harder for them to get away with their excuses if activists like you
demand no-excuse answers while you record them on your video camera.

So we'll pay $100 for each "no excuse" video of your Representative
explaining to you why (s)he has not co-sponsored H.Res. 333. To earn the
fee you must video your Rep answering your questions, not video yourself
asking them. Don't let your Representative give you bad excuses -
prepare follow-up questions and demand serious answers.

To collect your fee, upload your video to Youtube and send us the link:
http://democrats.com/contact