[Sosfbay-discuss] Hillary By Landslide in California?

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Sat Aug 18 11:40:41 PDT 2007

alexcathy at aol.com wrote:
> Dear Green Friends,
>
> I posted a Blog entry on the Daily kos about a new Field Poll for
> California.
>

>       Hillary by Landslide in California?
>       <http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/8/17/17355/7776>
>
> <http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/8/17/17355/7776>
> Daily Kos: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/8/17/17355/7776
> California Greening:
> http://cagreening.blogspot.com/2007/08/hillary-by-landslide-in-california.html
>

> Wes Rolley also has a nice post on California Greening about Barbara Boxer.
>

> A new *Field Poll
> <http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/08/17/MNG7RJV1E1.DTL>*
> indicates that *Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton* has a whopping 30-point
> lead over *Sen. Barack Obama* in California. The latest poll of 418
> likely Democratic primary voters found 49% support Clinton, 19% support
> Obama, and 10% support Edwards.

My Dad is a big Richardson supporter. I can hear his voice saying
something to the effect "those polls don't count. Richardson is the
answer!"

> This essay is not about Hillary, but rather, to put the argument that
> this tells us something about the nature of the California Democratic
> Party today. Forget the 1960s stereotype about the "Left Coast."
> Democrats in Big "Blue" California are *not* the revolutionary
> /Avant-garde/.

Unless the Latino's decide to vote for one of their own... Richardson!

> "Change" -- What Does it Mean?
>
> Yes, there will be a change on January 20, 2009.  But the battle for
> real change begins on January 21st.

Curiously, that will probably be the general time frame when most of us
will be seeing Hawaii quarters for the first time. As a practical matter
that will be about the end of the State Quarters program. Last time I
checked, Congress was still dithering about whether to extend it for a
year to put out quarters for Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands,
Mauritius, and (another posession whose name escapes me), but those
aren't quite States at this point in time. That was when I planned to
say "it's over for me" from the begining. One thing it will mean is
"time for Tian to get a real job."

--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org