[Sosfbay-discuss] Monthly Green Party Movie At San Jose Peace Center Fri. Aug. 31

Merriam Kathaleen mkmusic at greens.org
Thu Aug 23 01:45:58 PDT 2007

*Hi All,

Friday Aug. 31 is our next Green Party movie at the San Jose Peace
Center.  We are showing "American Blackout."
*

*Volunteers are needed to help set up the room, provide refreshments and
cleanup afterwards.  We also need someone to introduce the movie and
facilitate a discussion after the movie. The movie starts at 7:00pm and
we will need to set up the room and the refreshment table by 6:15pm.
Last month we took in $62.00 in donations.

Please contact me at mkmuusic at greens.org to let me know if you can help out.

Thanks,
Merriam

"American Blackout"
*

*Firday Aug. 31
7:00pm
48 S. 7th St. (San Jose Peace Center)
San Jose
*

American Blackout chronicles the recurring patterns of voter
disenfranchisement from Florida 2000 to Ohio 2004 while following the
story of Georgia Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney. Mckinney not only took
an active role investigating these election debacles, but has found
herself in the middle of her own after publicly questioning the Bush
Administration about the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Co-sponsored by Green
Party of Santa Clara County. Donation: $5 - $10, no one turned away.