[Sosfbay-discuss] events of interest

Merriam Kathaleen mkmusic at greens.org
Fri Dec 14 23:47:58 PST 2007

Jim Doyle wrote:
> Notification of these events came to me by way of the San Jose Peace Center.
> Please note the participation of high school students re ending the war.
>
> *Tuesday, January 1*
>
> *New Year's Day Skate Against Torture*
>
> *12:00 noon, Holiday Ice Rink, Circle of Palms, Market St. (between the
> San Jose Museum of Art and the Fairmont Hotel) *
>
> The Jeppeson DataPlan logo and name is appearing again this year at the
> ice rink in downtown San Jose. Join us to express your objection to the
> promotion of this company at this family entertainment venue.
>
> Sponsor: San Jose Peace Center, Friday Peace Vigil/UFPJ, South Bay
> Mobilization, South Bay Coalition to Stop Torture
>
> *F**riday, January 4th*
>
> *Student Sit Down Protest: "End the War in Iraq, Stay Out of Iran"*
>
> *12:00 noon, Federal Building, 2nd and San Carlos St., San Jose*
>
> Join high school and college students for an afternoon of protest
> against the Iraq War at the offices of our federal government in San
> Jose. To help, call Aaron, S.A.W. representative, (408) 265-3455.
>
> Organized by Students Against War, Branham High School, Students for
> Justice, De Anza College, and San Jose Peace Center.

Hi All,

I met the student organizer with Students Against War from Branham High
School.  I told him about Our Silicon Valley Impeachment Coalition and
the weekly demonstrations we have at Zoe Lofgren's office.  I told him
our coalition members will support their Student Sit Down Protest and
defintely participate with them.

Hopefully we can also get a large group of our Greens to participate as
well.  These students welcome us seasoned demonstrators and are grateful
for our support.

Merriam