[Sosfbay-discuss] events of interest

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 13 10:40:47 PST 2007

Notification of these events came to me by way of the San Jose Peace Center.
Please note the participation of high school students re ending the war.

*Tuesday, January 1*

*New Year's Day Skate Against Torture*

*12:00 noon, Holiday Ice Rink, Circle of Palms, Market St. (between the
San Jose Museum of Art and the Fairmont Hotel) *

The Jeppeson DataPlan logo and name is appearing again this year at the
ice rink in downtown San Jose. Join us to express your objection to the
promotion of this company at this family entertainment venue.

Sponsor: San Jose Peace Center, Friday Peace Vigil/UFPJ, South Bay
Mobilization, South Bay Coalition to Stop Torture

*F**riday, January 4th*

*Student Sit Down Protest: "End the War in Iraq, Stay Out of Iran"*

*12:00 noon, Federal Building, 2nd and San Carlos St., San Jose*

Join high school and college students for an afternoon of protest
against the Iraq War at the offices of our federal government in San
Jose. To help, call Aaron, S.A.W. representative, (408) 265-3455.

Organized by Students Against War, Branham High School, Students for
Justice, De Anza College, and San Jose Peace Center.