[Sosfbay-discuss] statewide candidates

WB4D23 at aol.com WB4D23 at aol.com
Mon Dec 31 12:44:12 PST 2007

In a message dated 12/27/2007 5:41:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tnharter at aceweb.com writes:

Step 1:  get a list of Registered Greens in the area.

Step 2: go through the  list looking for names that are publicly known.

Step 3: go through the  list created in step 2 and ask all of them to run
for office.

Step  4: Help the ones that say yes in step 3 campaign as if your life
depended  on it.

Step 5: Show up at the election night party and have a good  time!

Jim Doyle wrote:
> Please some of you in your  local areas, step forward and find good
> candidates to seize this  opportunity.
> How does one do that??

There are no "statewide" candidates elections in 2008 (except  U.S.
President/Vice President).  I agree with Michael Feinstein that we  need to encourage
and recruit State Assembly candidates -- i.e., duirng the last  six months.
The candidate filing and signature in lieu of filing fee  petitions period
started on December 28th and ends February 7th.  Most  State Assembly, State Senate
and U.S. Congress candidates need 150 GP "good"  signatures from their
district to avoid having to pay $750-$1500 in candidate  filing fees. Warner