[Sosfbay-discuss] South County Local (was Re: Congressman McNerney to be in Morgan Hill)

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 18 11:04:17 PST 2007

The plan is for it to consist of everything in SCC south of (round
about - with more input requested) Bernal Avenue.

I (Drew) was actually the one who did much of the calling from our
contacts list for the South County in our 06 election phoning we did.
Yes, as Warner says this is the work for a Local to do, and I'm
planning to help to get the South County (or whatever the group decides
to call itself) Local started.  We have Natasha, Tim, and a number of
others whom I've been working with to get this going.

As Warner points out Locals are the only way the GPSCC can really be
effective in our campaigning and live out our value of Decentralization
and Grass roots Democracy.  Locals are how we are going to run local
candidates and start getting Greens into government.

Organize, Energize and Coalize!

Drew

--- WB4D23 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/15/07 4:08:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> wrolley at charter.net writes:
>
> If there  are any Greens interested in this issue, I believe that
> this is
> an open  meeting. But get back to me and I will let Mary Ellen  know.
>

> The problem with this approach is that there are no local GP
> activists with
> an at-hand list of South County GP members who could be called or
> target
> emailed  regarding this event.  That is one of the purposes of having
> a "local" --
> so people can do work "in their own neighborhood" consistent with Key
> Values
> of  Decentralization, Grassroots Democracy and Individual
> Responsibility.
> It's  great these kind of events get communicated.  It's a
> frustrating reflection
>  of our ongoing inability to get people to step up and volunteer for
> some of
> the  basic but necessary organizing.  Warner

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com