[Sosfbay-discuss] Convictions Confirm Ohio 2004 Recount Was Rigged

Duende egroups at duendevision.com
Thu Feb 22 08:53:47 PST 2007

> The most advanced technology humankind has ever concieved of to
> implement democratic secret ballots are Paper ballots, hand counted by
> human beings.  Accept no substitute.  When cheating occurs with paper
> ballots its done at the retail level and requires massive numbers of
> people (who are caught or fess up rather quickly usually) to carry
> out.
>  When done by computer (and bear in mind I'm a Software Engineer with
> full credentials saying this) it is done at the wholesale level and
> one
> or just a handfull of criminal cracker computer programmers can insert
> two lines of code among millions, remove them and make off with an
> election with no evidence left behind!!!  Don't let computers and
> proprietary corporations steal your democracy!!!  Just say no to
> computers in elections!
>
> Democracy's most sacred sacrament = secret ballot voting!  Paper
> ballots, hand counted by non- or multipartisan humans only!

The issue isn't paper ballots vs computer voting. First, paper
ballots don't allow a reasonable form of tabulating IRV and PR
voting. The problem is honesty. There is a solution and a very simple
and inexpensive one. Demand that the software and hardware used in
elections be driven by the Open Source Community. You'll have the
best minds on the planet scrutinizing the code and processes to make
sure no one's getting over. I've been muttering this for a decade.

Paz

Duende

The one conspiracy theory I can always count on to be a lie is the
one proposed by the government and main stream media. 9/11 and
Weapons of Mass Destruction being perfect examples