[Sosfbay-discuss] IRV and San Jose Elections & other openings

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Thu Feb 22 21:31:52 PST 2007

The City of San Jose currently has 2 vacancies on the Elections
Commission.  You can read the notice here
<http://www.sanjoseca.gov/clerk/CommissionBoard/Election/ECVacnacy.pdf>
(pdf file)   The date for applying has been extended to March 2.  Is
this a sign that they are not finding enough applicants?   This would be
a great opportunity for a Green to step forward and to start to
implement IRV in San Jose.

These are just 2 of 17 openings on various city commissions in San
Jose.. as you can read on their web site
<http://www.sanjoseca.gov/clerk/Vacancy.asp>.

The City of Sunnyvale has a list of openings on 9 commission  for which
they have posted an announcement
<http://sunnyvale.ca.gov/City+Council/Boards+and+Commissions/openings.htm>.
I have started to focus on influencing planning commissions.  Sunnyvale
had openings on the planning commission and a special Board of Building
Code Appeals.

The City of Morgan Hill will have openings for 4 members on the planning
commission in June, 2007.  I am actively searching for someone to take
part here.  I have heard that all 4 members will attempt to retain their
position, but it is always open.

I will continue with these notices if anyone thinks they are valuable.

--

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.