[Sosfbay-discuss] meeting agenda Thursday Jan 4

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Thu Jan 4 11:58:36 PST 2007

>This is a call for agenda items for Thursday's meeting.
>
>Thus far we have
>by-laws proposal
>new treasurer
>another county council member - must ask if willing
>MLK day activities
>
>Let's have some more.

Here are a couple of ideas:

- what participation does SCC want to have in the development of a
Standing General Assembly for GPCA?  There will be a meeting in San
Mateo County this month, organized by Jo Chamberlain and Jonathan Lundell.

- If the GP-SCC wants to do anything for Earth Day, it is about time to
start planning what that might me.

- Last year, I made a suggestion about using the idea of drinking Green
Beer on St. Patrick's Day as a reason for a Green Party fundraiser.  Not
just the wearin' o' the Green, but a livin' o' the Green.  Anyone want
to take this on?

- Issues: The Santa Clara County Green Party has only one issue on it's
web site: Bring the Troops Home NOW!!!
Is there energy for others? There are two local issues that were
endorsed by GPSCC: OpenSpace 2006 (which lost in Nov.) and SaveBAREC
(Bay Area Research and Extension Center).

What is the status on these local issues?  BAREC is still active...
Warner was involved, I believe... before the elections consumed all his
time. The Initiative from PLAN is dead for a while, but there is a
change in the Land Use Santa Clara County Local Agencies Formantion
Commission (LAFCO) has proposals for further changes to the processes
for land use planning.  Do we care?

--
Wes Rolley
17211 Quail Court

"Happiness is to be fully engaged in the activity that you believe in and, if you are very good at it, well that's a bonus." -- Henry Moore