[Sosfbay-discuss] We are already having monthly events - hello!!! (was Re: FW: County Council Membership)

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 7 00:37:52 PST 2007

One thing I always emphasize that Mike and Wes may be unaware of
because they haven't been with me & us at general business meetings:
The GPSCC general business meeting is necessary but almost by
definition boring, boring, boring.  I think its an incredibly bad idea
to invite new people to it (with some exceptions).  Of course it needs
to be open to the public but about the last thing I'd want to do is
invite people to it as a representation of the Green Party.  So where
does that lead us?

Well I don't think the conclusion that I came to long ago and that I
see Mike is also agreeing with and that I've heard many others state:
We need to have Green Talks and other fun, informative and productive
events that we can invite new people to.

So in case people hadn't noticed it and hadn't been to the general
business meeting check this out: Starting with October we've held an
event each month that we are holding as a fun, informative and
productive event to invite new comers to.  To wit:

October 06 - Candidate Forum
November 07 - Tian and Carol's Election Day Party
December  - Greening Our Valley Holiday Party

Upcoming 07:
Jan 16, some form of participation in MLK day breakfast and Freedom

   Train events TBS
Feb 16 - @ Fred's Clubhouse: Impeach! A talk by w/ Peter Phillips
 (well-known speaker and Director of Project Censored and co-author of
 the book "Impeach the President: The Case Against Bush and Cheney" by
 Dr. Dennis D. Loo, Peter Phillips
  http://www.projectcensored.org/impeach.htm
 More on Peter Phillips:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Phillips_%28activist%29
March (details tbd) : Biodiesel Talk w/ Bill Michael
April: TBD, but probably related to Earth Day

Okay, so this is already happening!  Actually I'm pretty sure I've told
both of you (Mike and Wes) that this was happening already when
conversing to you, so this probably isn't news to you.  So, let's pull
together and build, build, build up this party into the party that we
all know we can have.  Please everyone again don't invite people to the
general business meeting as their first experience of the GPSCC.

Organize, Energize, Co-Allies the GPSCC!

Drew

--- Michael Fischetti <drpesto at hotmail.com> wrote:

SNIP

> then there should be action or planning or event or speaker meetings
 -- with specific action items attended by the county council and
anyone else  -- these should be held monthly

i have seen many many greens attend a business meeting or 2 and never
get enthused and never return

so many greens are active in all sorts of ways  - the environment,
housing, the war, civil liberties, the death penalty, sentencing, peak
oil etc== these greens will continue to work on the issues important to
them within or outside of the green party  -- we need to function in a
way that alows them to garner support and action on their issues -- the
monthly business meeting just does not cut it

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com