[Sosfbay-discuss] SF Greens Table & MLK Day & More Upcoming MLK Events

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 15 20:17:11 PST 2007

As usual the SF Greens tabled at the Civic Center today as they have
the past three years I've gone to the event.  One of the most clever
things I see them doing is they have one bold person out in front of
their table simply asking for $1 for the Green Party.  They make some
bucks that way!  They have a really nice set of buttons at their booth
and a great variety of flyers and literature.  I'll share some more
about that later... SF Greens set a great example for us and I believe
they'll be hosting the next plenary!

TUESDAY, JANUARY 16
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday Celebration — San José
3 – 4 p.m.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library
150 E. San Fernando St. - 3rd Floor
We will sing Happy Birthday and eat cake following brief statements by
library and City of San Jose dignitaries. For more information, please
contact Jeff Paul at (408) 808-2636.

FRIDAY, JANUARY 19, 2007
A MUSICAL TRIBUTE TO MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR
Friday, 8:00pm, Paramount Theatre, Oakland
MLK tribute being put on by the Oakland East Bay Symphony.   It
involves the West Coast Premier of Black Suit Blues by Nolan Gasser.
http://www.oebs.org/page/jan.html
Paramount Theatre of the Arts
2025 Broadway, Oakland
COST: $20.00
For More Info:
CONTACT: Oakland East Bay Symphony
PHONE: 510-444-0801
EMAIL: admin at oebs.org
WEB: www.oebs.org

THURSDAY, JANUARY 25
7:00 PM 2007 YMCA Martin Luther King, Jr. Great Community Banquet
Rotunda Building
300 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Oakland
COST: $150.00
For More Info: