[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: Re: [G-C-F] Protests next weekend?]

Tian Harter tnharter at ispwest.com
Tue Jan 23 11:40:08 PST 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [G-C-F] Protests next weekend?
Date: 	Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:49:20 -0800
From: 	Susan King <funking at mindspring.com>
To: 	Tian Harter <tnharter at ispwest.com>
CC: 	Greens California Forum <cal-forum at cagreens.org>

In SF:

*Rally and March To End The War On Iraq
** Saturday, January 27, 2007, 12noon
** Powell and Market Streets
** San Francisco, CA*

/Troops out of Iraq Now!
// Stop racism against Arabs and Muslims!
// End the Occupation of Palestine!
/
Over 3,000 dead American soldiers, hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis.
It's time to put a stop to the war machine. Millions of people voted to
get the Republicans out and end the war, but we can't leave it up to the
Democrats to do the only reasonable thing: Bring All The Troops Home Now
>From Iraq!

President Bush just announced his intent to escalate the number of
troops in Iraq by over 20,000 more troops. It's time to get the anti-war
movement back in the streets! On January 27, hundreds of thousands of
people will march in Washington, DC to demand an end to the war.

We're bringing the same message to the streets of San Francisco. Make
your own signs and banners and march with your friends, family,
co-workers, classmates, church, union or organization. Join us to show
Bush and the new Democratic Congress that the anti-war movement is back.

For more information *or to volunteer to be a security marshal at the
march*, call 510-484-5242 or email j27committee at gmail.com
<mailto:%20j27committee at gmail.com>or check out
www.myspace.com/januarytwentyseventh
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=270211902&url_num=3&url=http://www.myspace.com/januarytwentyseventh>

The SF Green Party will be in the march and have a booth at the end of
the march, I think it ends at the civic center.

For info on volunteering with the Green party, contact Sue Vaughan
at susan_e_vaughan at yahoo.com <mailto:susan_e_vaughan at yahoo.com>

peace,
susan