[Sosfbay-discuss] Request for Agenda Items

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 08:03:58 PDT 2007

Hi Michele,

To clarify, Andrea was replying to a note that County
Councilor Gerry Gras sent out setting up our agenda
for the GPSCC General County meeting Thursday July 5th
at 7:30pm.  As one of the other County Councilors I
can say that at that meeting we could really only
offer  you a 10 minute slot to begin a dialog about
the stadium issue.  That would at least get the talk
started, but to really cover it in depth and do it
justice perhaps we could ask you an GPSCC East Valley
Local meeting where we'd have more time to offer.

So with that in mind would you be interested in a 10
minute brief intro time on Thursday night?  It would
not be able to be the first item on the agenda because
we have our own internal items (which is what that
meeting is primarily about) that need to go first,
however I think we could get to it fairly quickly,
like say by 8pm.  Would that work for you?

Green is Connection!
Drew Johnson
County Councilor of the Green Party of Santa Clara Co

--- Michele Ryan <michele at micheleryan.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> I sent a message to Walter Bloomberg yesterday, but
> I saw your request for
> agenda items, and I¹d like to address the meeting if
> possible. My name is
> Michele Ryan, and I'm a resident of Santa Clara, and
> I¹d like to talk to the
> Santa Clara County Green Party about the proposed
> 49ers stadium in Santa
> Clara.
>
> As you may know, the San Francisco 49ers have
> presented a proposal to the
> City  of Santa Clara to build a new stadium. Their
> plan calls for the city
> to contribute nearly $300 million in assets (cash,
> land, and property) to
> this project -- or about $2,600 for every single
> resident of Santa Clara. If
> you¹d like to read more about the proposal, you can
> see our analysis at:
>
> www.StadiumFacts.org
>
> I'm part of a small group of Santa Clara residents
> who have become active in
> trying to defeat this plan, and we're going to need
> lots of help just to get
> this to a public vote. A majority of the City
> Council members already
> support the plan -- even before their own
> feasibility consultants have had a
> chance to finish their analysis -- and they would
> all prefer that this issue
> be decided by the council, not by the voters.
>
> We are in the process of forming a coalition of
> organizations and
> individuals who are willing to help us in our
> efforts to defeat this
> enormous public subsidy for a private corporation.
> I understand that part
> of the Green Party¹s national platform includes
> opposition to such corporate
> welfare, and I am writing to ask you to join our
> cause.
>
> We can use your help. We need to persuade and
> motivate 15,000 voters in
> Santa Clara. That will require the help of a few
> professionals and many,
> many volunteers. We need contacts, counsel, and
> creative ideas. We need to
> develop allies beyond the city and resources beyond
> our means.
>
> I could talk for quite a while about the subject,
> but I¹d be happy to limit
> my remarks at the meeting to whatever time limit you
> think is best. I could
> probably cover the key issues in 10 minutes or less,
> and I¹d be happy to
> answer more specific questions if you have
> additional time.
>
> I hope I can count on your support.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Michele Ryan
> Moderator
> www.StadiumFacts.org

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC