[Sosfbay-discuss] CA-37 - 37% of 11% = Safe Seat in Congress

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Tue Jul 3 22:08:19 PDT 2007

I have posted an entry on my blog on the raw numbers for the first round of voting for the special election in California's 37th Congressional District
?

CA-37 - 37% of 11% = Safe Seat in Congress
CA-37 - 37% of 11% = Safe Seat in Congress
?

You call this a democracy?

Everybody says Democrat Laura Richardson?is on her way to Congress. In the special election to succeed the late Congresswoman Juanita Millender-McDonald. Richardson received a "whooping" 37.57% of the ballots cast. That is 11,956 out of 31,825 votes out of 265,102 registered voters.

In other words, Laura Richardson is presumed to be going to the Congress based on 4.51% of the registered voters.

On this Fourth of July no doubt the good folks in Lebanon, Palestine, Israel, Iraq, and Iran are really, really impressed by the manifest superiority of democracy in America.

. . .

So, as a member of the Black "tribe" I'm supposed to be "proud" of this?

I feel a little ashamed and frightened for my country when at this critical moment in the history of the world anybody can schlep into the United States House of Representatives in this way.

Pray each night Laura Richardson is not another Harold Ford. Work like hell each day for Daniel.

Read More at: http://cagreening.blogspot.com/2007/07/ca-37-democracy-37-of-11-seat-in.html