[Sosfbay-discuss] Another Comment on Ron Paul

alexcathy at aol.com alexcathy at aol.com
Sat Jul 14 18:11:52 PDT 2007

Crazy Ron Paul is still hot on the Internet and I read about his appearance in Silicon Valley yesterday.

I wrote a post on two blogs on this subject.

The DailyKos: Ron Paul - Walter Williams 2008? - Ridiculous!
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/7/14/201942/729

California Greening:? Ron Paul-Walter Williams '08 - Old "Race" Politics
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/7/14/201942/729

I hate posting to the DailyKos, but I do care about this subject and a lot more "eyeballs" will see what I wrote over there even if scrolls off the front page in an hour.

Ron Paul Libertarians think they're being "clever" by hinting Mr.
Paul would choose Black economist, Walter E. Williams, as his running
mate.

In a comment on Green Commons, Colby Peterson played the "Walter Williams card":

You can disagree with him politically, but you cannot say he's
not for an equitable society or for equal opportunity. This is just a
different method to the same ends.??Were you even aware that Ron Paul
is considering an Black man (Walter E. Williams) as his running mate????

In fact, they have inadvertently "outted" themselves as captives of
the idiotic old "race" politics as practiced by cynical Democrats and
Republicans for nearly forty years --?pointing to their favorite
handpicked token Negro or Hispanic and saying: "See! I love Clarence
Thomas (or Ron Brown, or Henry Cisneros, or Condolezza Rice, or Alberto
Gonzalez), therefore, I'm a nice guy!"

Here's the problem: I have followed Walter E. Williams career for many years and the man is a total rightwing nutcase!?

Alex Walker