[Sosfbay-discuss] [Fwd: [G-C-F] Medical Marijuana Action Alert from StoptheDrugWar.org]

Tian Harter tnharter at ispwest.com
Tue Jul 17 00:23:59 PDT 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[G-C-F] Medical Marijuana Action Alert from StoptheDrugWar.org
Date: 	Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:49:49 -0700
From: 	Jared Laiti <jared.laiti at gmail.com>
To: 	cal-forum at marla.cagreens.org, natlcomaffairs at green.gpus.org

One of the most important votes in drug policy reform -- the Hinchey
medical marijuana amendment -- is likely to happen THIS WEEK. Your
help is needed now! The Hinchey amendment, which will go to the floor
of the House of Representatives during debate on the
Science-State-Justice-Commerce Appropriations bill, would prevent the
US Dept. of Justice (of which the DEA is a part) from targeting
medical marijuana in states that have made it legal.

Please use our web site to write your US Representative --
http://ga0.org/campaign/hinchey2007/