[Sosfbay-discuss] A totally Palo Alto experience...

Tian Harter tnharter at ispwest.com
Fri Jul 20 16:40:38 PDT 2007

I'm tempted to say only in Palo Alto could something like the BusCycle
exist, but maybe there is another one out there. If ever you wanted a
lesson on what you really get from a tank of gas, the BusCycle can do it.
It's a reformed truck or large van with seating, pedals, and gear shifts
for sixteen pedalers and a driver. The power to move the thing forward
comes ONLY from the pedalers. It won't move unless at least six of us
are strong cyclists. See what a ride on the BusCycle looks like by visiting:

http://tian.greens.org/PaloAlto/BusCycle/index.html

Looking back on the experience now, I'd say it felt a bit like a
barnraising, in that it's a shared experince to pedal with other people.

--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org