[Sosfbay-discuss] kitties on high alert

cls at truffula.sj.ca.us cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Sat Jul 28 09:22:26 PDT 2007

This morning there's this weird noise, sounds like
a swarm of bees, but lower pitched.  I figured a fan
is wearing out and checked all the computers,
but it's coming from outside.  The cats have noticed
it and they're searching all around and mewing,
high alert for kitties.  These cats were feral, and
they're very territorial, and have to know exactly
what's going on in their territory.

It's the "champ cars" of the San Jose Grand Prix.
I'm about four miles from the downtown race course.
Must be deafening down there.  It's bothering the
cats more than the July 4 fireworks do.

I haven't really enjoyed fireworks much since the
Gulf war started in 1990.  They're basically glorifying
warfare.  This month at the downtown fireworks they
played this awful John Philip Sousa martial music
and it just wrecked it.  And I'm having a hard time
with the city spending all this money glorifying
overpowered cars.

Cameron