[Sosfbay-discuss] See "SiCKO"

Fred Duperrault fredd at freeshell.org
Tue Jun 26 22:51:17 PDT 2007

The LATEST ON GROUP RATES is that the number in the group must be 50 or
more to get a discounted rate.

That won't work for us.

I'll buy the "SiCKO" tickets for the Friday, June 29 showing, on
Thursday afternoon.  If more requests come in after Thursday Noon, I'll
buy more about Noon on Friday.

Fred

Friends,

Michael Moore's "SiCKO" (See previous message below.) that is opening on
Friday, June 29, at Century 16 in Mountain View and other SCC theaters.
has completed the daily show times schedule. (SEE BELOW)

I haven't, as yet, received the information on whether or not there will
be group (lower) prices available. I'll try to contact the manager again.

IN THE MEANTIME, I'll get tickets, to the Friday 7:30 pm showing for
those of you who will attend at that time.  (IT'S IMPORTANT TO SWELL
the size of the opening day crowds so that "SiCKO" can extend its
schedule of showings because of a significant demand.

PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL ME if you would like me to obtain your ticket for
the Friday, 7:30 pm showing at Century 16, on Shoreline, in Mountain View.
SO FAR, Bob Alavi(and possibly Farah), Drew Johnson, Andrea D. Tian H,
Lois Duperrault and I have delegated me to get them tickets. (You can
reimburse me at the theater.)

THE REGULAR PRICES (Ages 12 - 64 yrs.)  are $10:25 each, and SENIORS'
tickets are $7.50 each. IF we can get "Group" rates the tickets will
probably not cost less that $7.50. (Reg.tickets for showings before 6:00
pm on weekdays are discounted to $7.50. On Sat. and Sun., they're $7.50
before 2:00 pm.)

The M.V. CENTURY 16 "SiCKO" SCHEDULE, starting on Friday, June 29, is:

11:00 am;  12:45 pm;  1:55 pm;  3:45 pm; 4:40 pm;  6:45 pm;  7:30 pm;
9:35 pm;  10:20 pm.

Please RESPOND ASAP!

Fred, at 650-691-1215 and  fredd at freeshell.org  .

Michael Moore's latest movie, "SiCKO",  which, in various ways, exposes
the  United States' chaotic, broken  health care system, will open on
Friday,  June 29, in many area theaters.  Throughout the country - and
particularly in California - active  proponents of a "universal single
payer health care system" are hurriedly campaigning to urge groups, as
well as individuals, to attend  a "SiCKO" first showing.

If SiCKO draws well on the 29th, the growing demand to see it will
require showings in more theaters and will greatly increase attendance
nationwide.  Consequently, support for "single payer"  will gain
significantly.

Because the Green Party  supports single payer health care, we members
could use this opportunity to boost SiCKO" by, preferably, attending the
movie on the opening night.  We could also hand out the soon to be
available flyers to people coming out of the theaters who have just seen
SiCKO.

I will volunteer to buy a bunch of tickets for one, or more, of the
first showings at the Century 16 Theaters in Mountain View.  First,
however, I will get the times when it will be scheduled on Friday, June
29.  I'll also obtain the flyers.

_It would be good if one or more others would volunteer to do the same
in other locals around the county._

PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you want to attend "SiCKO" at Century 16, in
Mountain View, on June 29.  When doing so, please tell me how many
adult, senior and children tickets you'd like me to purchase and at
about what time you'd prefer to attend.  (You can reimburse me at the
theater site.)

I'm going to the Century 16 Theaters today to get the schedule
information, and will forward it as soon as it is available.

See "SiCKO" soon!

Fred D. at  fredd at freeshell  or  650-691-1215