[Sosfbay-discuss] See "SiCKO"

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 11:14:02 PDT 2007

Hey fellow Greens,

This moving was absolutely *amazing*.  A whole group
of Greens, Raging Grannies and other progressives
filled the theatre Friday night at Shoreline in Mtn
View. Andrea Dorey and I sat together and along with
Tian, Fred, Louis, Merriam, Cameron, etc., etc., etc.,
We and everyone who we talked to afterward were
extremely moved and pleased at the effectiveness of
MM's presentation on what's wrong with not only our
U.S. health system but America's democracy in general.
 Go see it as soon as you can!

Green is healthy!

Drew

--- Fred Duperrault <fredd at freeshell.org> wrote:

> The LATEST ON GROUP RATES is that the number in the
> group must be 50 or
> more to get a discounted rate.
>
> That won't work for us.
>
> I'll buy the "SiCKO" tickets for the Friday, June 29
> showing, on
> Thursday afternoon.  If more requests come in after
> Thursday Noon, I'll
> buy more about Noon on Friday.
>
> Fred
>
> Friends,
>
> Michael Moore's "SiCKO" (See previous message
> below.) that is opening on
> Friday, June 29, at Century 16 in Mountain View and
> other SCC theaters.
> has completed the daily show times schedule. (SEE
> BELOW)
>
> I haven't, as yet, received the information on
> whether or not there will
> be group (lower) prices available. I'll try to
> contact the manager again.
>
> IN THE MEANTIME, I'll get tickets, to the Friday
> 7:30 pm showing for
> those of you who will attend at that time.  (IT'S
> IMPORTANT TO SWELL
> the size of the opening day crowds so that "SiCKO"
> can extend its
> schedule of showings because of a significant
> demand.
>
> PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL ME if you would like me to
> obtain your ticket for
> the Friday, 7:30 pm showing at Century 16, on
> Shoreline, in Mountain View.
> SO FAR, Bob Alavi(and possibly Farah), Drew Johnson,
> Andrea D. Tian H,
> Lois Duperrault and I have delegated me to get them
> tickets. (You can
> reimburse me at the theater.)
>
> THE REGULAR PRICES (Ages 12 - 64 yrs.)  are $10:25
> each, and SENIORS'
> tickets are $7.50 each. IF we can get "Group" rates
> the tickets will
> probably not cost less that $7.50. (Reg.tickets for
> showings before 6:00
> pm on weekdays are discounted to $7.50. On Sat. and
> Sun., they're $7.50
> before 2:00 pm.)
>
> The M.V. CENTURY 16 "SiCKO" SCHEDULE, starting on
> Friday, June 29, is:
>
> 11:00 am;  12:45 pm;  1:55 pm;  3:45 pm; 4:40 pm;
> 6:45 pm;  7:30 pm;
> 9:35 pm;  10:20 pm.
>
> Please RESPOND ASAP!
>
> Fred, at 650-691-1215 and  fredd at freeshell.org  .
>
> Michael Moore's latest movie, "SiCKO",  which, in
> various ways, exposes
> the  United States' chaotic, broken  health care
> system, will open on
> Friday,  June 29, in many area theaters.  Throughout
> the country - and
> particularly in California - active  proponents of a
> "universal single
> payer health care system" are hurriedly campaigning
> to urge groups, as
> well as individuals, to attend  a "SiCKO" first
> showing.
>
> If SiCKO draws well on the 29th, the growing demand
> to see it will
> [...]

JamBoi: Jammy, The Sacred Cow Slayer
The Green Parties' #1 Blogger
http://dailyJam.blogspot.com

"To the brave belong all things"
Celt's invading Etrusca reply to nervous Romans around 400BC