[Sosfbay-discuss] FW: Re: McKinney on possible Green run

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 16:43:10 PDT 2007

Hey Tian,

Actually she's not *the only candidate that's come to
look at us*.  While she may be the highest profile
candidate (with the possible exception of Elaine Brown
 who unlike CM has long been a declared Green), there
are actually a whole set of candidates who've already
announced. The GP-US Media Committee (which I'm on) is
about to put out a press release regarding the
candidates who've announced and those that will be in
Reading and I'll share it with y'all when its posted.

The one candidate that seems to be doing actual
campaigning is Alan Augustson.  He's been a frequent
poster on GreenCommons.org.  http://augustson2008.us/

Green is essence!

Drew

--- Tian Harter <tnharter at ispwest.com> wrote:

> Don't forget, the minute she announces she becomes
> subject
> to a whole bunch of reporting requirements. October
> is a good
> time frame for her to announce. After that getting
> on the various
> ballots starts to get harder if she doesn't.
>
> At this point she is still the only potential
> candidate that came
> and looked at us. That's worth something!
>
> Tian
>
> JamBoi wrote:
>
> >I'm totally with you sister.  I wish *anyone* would
> >show that capacity.  The Congressional Black Caucus
> >has  really been the only elected voice for
> >progressive issues in the last few years.  No one
> else
> >seems to have the courage to join them.
> >
> >The latest on McKinney (in the past day or so) is
> >still some mixed reports that on the one hand some
> >Greens who have spoken to her say she's got to take
> >care of some unspecified issues before she can make
> an
> >announcement but say she's intending to and on the
> >other hand the Media Committee just got another
> report
> >that said  "According to a message from nothing has
> >been decided and it is totally inappropriate to
> make
> >such an
> >announcement about my schedule when I don't even
> >know what my schedule is yet." "  So I'm not happy
> >about what I see as an extended tease.
> >
> >Green is Growth!
> >
> >Drew
> >

> >--- Andrea Dorey <andid at cagreens.org> wrote:
> >

> >>Possibly.  If so, that's a shame.  I would like to
> >>see good women
> >>running, especially black women who seem to have
> the
> >>backbone to
> >>stand up alone and vision to see what's going on
> >>the down-in-the-
> >>trenches real citizens.  I wish white women and
> men
> >>would show that
> >>capacity.
> >>A.