[Sosfbay-discuss] Lorna Salzman on Chris Hedges

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Thu Mar 1 07:49:02 PST 2007

JamBoi wrote, "its simply a fact that we are in the post Nader era of the
Green Party.  I've spent major amounts of time with Greens all across the
country and taken the temperature and there is simply no interest in
nominating someone who doesn't even want to be nominated and who doesn't
want to join and help build up the Green Parties. Nada."

If I may interject, there are two considerations that really shouldn't be
counterposed.  First, you want the widely-known person you can run who will
do the principles justice.  Second, you want someone who will use the
campaign to build the party as a whole.  Intentions and rhetoric aside, in
2004, those who supported Nader got one and those who supported Cobb got
neither.  The result left the Green Party much worse after 2004 than after
2000.

We need to focus less on old grievances and more on what's doing what's the
best for the Green Party.

Regards,
Mark L.