[Sosfbay-discuss] Now not then (was Re: Lorna Salzman on Chris Hedges)

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 10:54:38 PST 2007

Hey Mark,

I agree.  I have no interest in 'old grievances' or in old candidates
that are now irrelevant.  Kat Swift (TX), Elaine Brown (GA) announced
for President.  Cynthia McKinney (GA) is highly likely to any day now.
I'm not sure about Kent Mesplay or others. KCM Curry has announced for
Vice President.  That's what now.

Green = GO!

Drew

--- Mark Lause <MLause at cinci.rr.com> wrote:

> JamBoi wrote, "its simply a fact that we are in the post Nader era of
> the
> Green Party.  I've spent major amounts of time with Greens all across
> the
> country and taken the temperature and there is simply no interest in
> nominating someone who doesn't even want to be nominated and who
> doesn't
> want to join and help build up the Green Parties. Nada."
>
> If I may interject, there are two considerations that really
> shouldn't be
> counterposed.  First, you want the widely-known person you can run
> who will
> do the principles justice.  Second, you want someone who will use the
> campaign to build the party as a whole.  Intentions and rhetoric
> aside, in
> 2004, those who supported Nader got one and those who supported Cobb
> got
> neither.  The result left the Green Party much worse after 2004 than
> after
> 2000.
>
> We need to focus less on old grievances and more on what's doing
> what's the
> best for the Green Party.
>
> Regards,
> Mark L.