[Sosfbay-discuss] Lorna Salzman on Chris Hedges

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 15:43:17 PST 2007

If I had to chose (and like Mark I'd rather not), I'd go with Tian's
point of Green Parties person over notoriety every time and fortunately
the leaders in the Green Parties seem fairly united at this point.
Look for us to nominate a real Green Team that runs a full on campaign
this time round.

Green means GO!

Drew

--- Mark Lause <MLause at cinci.rr.com> wrote:

> Tian Harter wrote, "The big win for 2006 came from Illinois, where
> the Candidate for Governor got 10.3% in the fall election. That was a
> tenth of a point behind the guy in New Mexico that 10.4% so many
years ago. That
> wouldn't have happened if Cobb had really been bad for the Green
> Party."
>
> If these showings had something to do with a national campaign...by
> Cobb or Nader or anyone else...the impact would have been evident in
other
> states.
> In a coherent national party, our membership in Missouri, Wisconsin
> and Indiana would have taken a jump from the Illinois numbers.  They
> didn't.
>
> I won't be sidetracked into a pointlessly divisive discussion of the
> Cobb campaign.  A nationally coherent party would have some realistic
> balance sheet on the subject, but I don't think it did much for us on
either
> coast and it left the Midwestern parties, often not much more than
paper
> parties,  almost comatose....
>
> Tian further wrote, "I'd rather have a party hack than someone with
> no interest in building a grass roots political Party."
>
> If we accept these as our choices as our options, we may well wind up
> doing so.  That was my point.
>
> And the absence of such a plan to use the campaign to build the party
> had more to do with the party's approach than the candidate.
>
> ML

JamBoi
Jammy The Sacred Cow Slayer

http://dailyJam.blogspot.com