[Sosfbay-discuss] Ideas from Far-Flung Places

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Sat Mar 3 09:07:16 PST 2007

>Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 00:22:38 -0800 (PST)
>From: JamBoi <jamboi[-at]yahoo.com>
>To: Gerry Gras <gerrygras[-at]earthlink.net>, alexcathy[-at]aol.com
>Cc: MLause[-at]cinci.rr.com, sosfbay-discuss[-at]cagreens.org, gplac-forum[-at]cagreens.org,
>	jamboi[-at]yahoo.com
>Subject: Re: [Sosfbay-discuss] Ideas from Far-Flung Places

>I feel the four e-mails from Mark in rapid succession were starting to
>approach spamming.

   "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone,
   "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
   Lewis Carroll -- Through the Looking Glass, Chapter 6

When a word's already been defined, it's not useful
to use it to mean something else.
http://www.spamhaus.org/faq/answers.lasso?section=Glossary#181
http://www.mail-abuse.com/an_listmgntgdlines.html

Spamming is a crime in the European Union and Australia.
It's legal in the US if you follow certain rules.
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/canspam.htm

Posting off-topic on a mailing list may be annoying, but
it's not a crime, even in France.

The charter of this mailing list is "GP of Santa Clara County discussion."
I've never seen a need to narrow it down.

--
Cameron
(sosfbay-discuss-owner at cagreens.org)