[Sosfbay-discuss] Vi$ta = More Micro$oft's Bull$hit; a human rights issue; BadVista; Forced software upgrades can add up for Vista users

Larry Cafiero larrycafiero_liaison at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 6 10:54:11 PST 2007

Drew --

Thanks for posting the link to Bad Vista -- anyone who has an interest
in Free/Libre and Open Source Software (FOSS, or FLOSS, take your pick)
should be all over the Free Software Foundation's campaigns, which
include Bad Vista and DefectiveByDesign.org, which is fighting Digital
Rights Management (or Digital Restrictions Management, since its purpose
is to restrict you, the user, from access to movies, music, literature
and software).

Since the Silicon Valley arguably is the capital of the worldwide
computer industry, I hope the Santa Clara Greens, as well as the GPCA,
take a strong position on the use of FOSS/FLOSS. In fact, the GPCA
platform plank needs to be updated and strengthened on this issue.
Anyone with any ideas on how to bring the platform plank up to date can
e-mail me off-list at larry.cafiero at gmail.com

Larry Cafiero
Liaison to the Secretary of State
Green Party of California