[Sosfbay-discuss] Ideas from Far-Flung Places

Duende egroups at duendevision.com
Fri Mar 9 08:01:12 PST 2007

On Mar 9, 2007, at 3:07 AM, JamBoi wrote:

> Oh and further Roy let's simply read the very purpose item you
> yourself
> quote:
>
> email lists
> The Green Party of Santa Clara County has two subscription email
> lists. One for announcements and one for discussion of topics
> relevant to the Green Party.
>
> ML IS NOT A MEMBER OF THE GPSCC.

It never says one needs to be a member. Just that it be Green Party
business.

>   As the above states these two lists
> belong to the Green Party of Santa Clara County.  He's not a Member of
> The Green Party which is refered to above.

It never says one needs to be a member. Just that it be Green Party
business.

> If we allow non-members to
> observe they are guests and do not have the 'right' to be here, and
> certainly do not have the 'right' to post (at all if we chose to limit
> them which we have not).

It never says one needs to be a member. Just that it be Green Party
business.

> So again my very mildly in best NVC fashion letting ML know that I (as
> part of the GPSCC authority, the County Council) felt uncomfortable
> with his non-Member posting.

It never says one needs to be a member. Just that it be Green Party
business.

> He got into a tizzy and mistook me to be
> asking him to leave.
> I didn't ask him to do that, but given how he
> responded I'm perfectly pleased that he chose to leave voluntarily.
> That's the way it is Roy and all your ongoing attempt to blow it
> out of
> proportion is not accomplishing anything positive.

Tizzy.. there's that language again.
He acted with pure integrity and removed him from a list that was
unwelcoming. From my history on this list I knew(thought) he was
mistaken. Regretfully since only 2 members have challenged you openly
that I'm aware of it seems he was correct but lucky for you I don't
consider silence consensus.

There you go again. How is deciding if a list is inclusive or not out
of proportion? It's not to me. Specially when we just chased off an
obviously thoughtful brother in arms.(who disagreed with you, Drew,
and you ultimately used your position to try to rationalize this
repression. It behooves us to know what people in other states are
experiencing. As our shepard you would protect us from outside
influence. Sounds like a combination of xenophobia and grandiosity at
the moment. Wanna add to it?

> So please just stop
> and let's get on with working together to get our Media Committee
> effort up and running.

This is simple. If you keep insisting that this is a censured list to
Green Party business because of a persons location and no approved
GPSCC documentation/charter to back that up, I'll challenge ever
instance of your's or anyone elses insistence that it is.

I like the idea of forming another list for just that purpose though,
county members only can post, which I had recommended immediately
after the furor caused by your trying to silence Mark.

Peace

Duende