[Sosfbay-discuss] Applying NVC to the situtation (Re: Ideas from Far-Flung Places

Duende egroups at duendevision.com
Fri Mar 9 09:23:13 PST 2007

On Mar 9, 2007, at 8:34 AM, JamBoi wrote:

> Roy, sure I've got a lot of nerve.  No one has ever accused me of
> lacking nerve. ;-)  Here hermano, I've had an idea.  You and I have
> thoroughly expressed ourselves in the traditional way thus far and as
> we can see it has gotten us not very far.  You and I are both
> beginners
> in the art of NonViolent Communication, so what do you say we try to
> apply that and see how much better that works?  I'm thinking it could
> not only be a good healing thing to bring you and I back together but
> could also demonstrate the amazing power of NVC.  What do ya say?
> Shall we give it a go?
>
> So I'll start by doing what Ursula Duncan calls a "gift of a guess" to
> try to empathically connect with you...
>
> So Roy, are you Feeling pissed off because your need for consideration
> is unmet in this situation?

No. But I am annoyed and a bit saddened that a person left this list
because he was censured by a member that iin my opinion (and existing
or lack of existing guidelines)had no right to censur them. The sad
part is that other than myself and Tian no one else has stated their
being uncomfortable with the whole transaction. I'm also a bit
ammused that a person who was throwing around explicatives keeps
alluding to NVC as a means to heal a situation when it seems to suit
them.

I have to be honest though Drew. Since our meeting at DeAnza with
Darci Cohen I haven't really been comfortable with you. Darci was
taking her time to try to help us navigate the corridors of what's
public domain images and the like and you were baraging her with your
Green propoganda though it was quite obvious she didn't want to hear
it. Quite truthfully I felt embarrassed by your actions since I'm the
one who introduced you. There is a time for tabling and this wasn't
the time. Then when I got back on the list after a prolonged absence
almost every other post is Jamboi. Jamboi here..Jamboi there and I'm
wondering who in the f*ck is this guy? Between the aforementioned and
the lack of follow through concerning my recording the political
event at the Adobe House you were not on my warm and fuzzy list for
sure though I was admiring your energy from a place of caution. Then
seeing Mark leave the list due to your attempted censure (and in his
case not attempted but a faite de complie at this point) it totally
got my goat.

Now.. that being said, it's irrelevant that it was you who had
censored Mark, I would have taken this stand if it were anyone else.
Though maybe not with the same amount of mistrust.

And.. I will not accept having the issue at hand, the censor of
another Green Party member, derailed by slight of hand nor what
appears to me to be an NVC shell game.

Peace

Duende