[Sosfbay-discuss] Developing E-list Guidelines

JamBoi jamboi at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 12:07:22 PST 2007

Now that Cameron has posted you (Wes) can see that what I was refering
to as longstanding
> traditions, expectations and SOP and Terms of Service " are Cameron's
'he who governs best, governs least' philosophy.  He prefers NOT to
enumerate the rules.  I somewhat disagree with Cameron on this and
agree somewhat more with Roy and I think at list to some degree, at
least a few of the (otherwise implied) expectations would be better to
state up front so that there is no question later on.  Some people
(perhaps Roy and I are two of them) are a bit more concrete thinkers
and do better if the boundaries are more clearly stated.

Impeach for Peace!

Drew

--- Wes Rolley <wrolley at charter.net> wrote:

> JamBoi wrote:
> > the GPSCC's longstanding traditions, expectations and SOP and Terms
> of Service are not clearly stated on our GPSCC web site and that this
> does not meet your Need for Clarity for the Members of the GPSCC who
> run and use the e-list?
> I have stayed out of this discussion up to now. But, there is one
> thing
> that bothers me and which I will insert at this point.
>
> Having been on this list for about as long as I have been a member of
>
> the Green Party, I do not ever recall that there are "longstanding
> traditions, expectations and SOP and Terms of Service " which meet
> the
> definition that you (Drew) are implying.
>
> Taking a note from your other post....
>
> > Now when we state them they may not be any more to Roy's
> > liking than they are now in the implied state, but I agree with him
> that its better to state them clearly.
> There is also the implication that said "Terms of Service/Guidelines
> for
> our GPSCC e-list." will not be any more to anyone's liking than they
> are
> now in the implied state, since there is some disagreement as to what
>
> that implied state is.
>

> --
>
> I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
> Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
> Being willing is not enough;
> We must do. –Leonardo DaVinci
> Wesley C. Rolley